Friday, April 24, 2015

Frozen Falls Crochet Throw

No doubt about it, quilts make a house a home.
But when quilts and crochet throws intermingle,
homey is elevated to cozy.

#loveofcrochet
This one is from the Winter 2013 issue of Love of Crochet.
It's called Frozen Falls and I thought the
Martha Stewart Extra Soft Wool Blend yarn
in Igloo was the perfect frozen color to pair with the pattern.


It is such a soft yarn and when combined with this stitch pattern,
makes for a beautifully, soft, drapey throw.


One feature that I've never stitched before is the reverse crochet around the edge.
The pattern instructs to work a reverse single crochet around the throw.
In my excitement to finish up this project, I wasn't paying close attention,
and I ended up crocheting a reverse double crochet.
Of course, it was more time consuming than a reverse single crochet would have been,
but I am pleased with the end result.
My daughter commented that the edging finishes it off like binding on a quilt.


Some You Tube videos proved to be helpful in learning this new technique.
I love how it completes the throw.
Have you ever done reverse crochet?
I had never even heard of it until I stitched this pattern.

Happy crocheting, my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment