Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Kitchen Redecorating and a Sewn Accessory



 
We are in the middle of a kitchen re-decorating project.
While the painters are painting my outdated, golden-oak cabinets
with a new, bright white lacquer finish,
I've been busy sewing up a few little items to add some sweet details to the whole look.
 
 
 
I used the toaster cover tutorial from Sew 4 Home as my guideline.
Mine is not a toaster cover, but rather a food processor cover.
 
 
 
Four squares bordered by ric rac serve to accent the front.
 
 
Self-made piping is sandwiched between the edges.
 
 
It may seem an oddity, but I enjoy making piping. 
 
 
 I chose to use my serger this piping go round.
So easy, so quick, and beautiful finished edges.
 
 
 All fabrics are Early Bird by Cosmo Cricket.
That cute cheery cherry lining makes me smile.
 
Updating and brightening up a room in my home
by adding new, handmade details is such a satisfying endeavor.
Are you making any home or wardrobe changes to welcome in the new season?
 
I'll be sharing some garment projects shortly - stay tuned.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment