Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Another Sassy Librarian Blouse

I found myself wearing my original version of The Sassy Librarian Blouse so much, that I knew I needed to sew another one.  This time, instead of 100% cotton quilting fabric, I used 100% cotton voile.  The fabric has a lightweight hand, similar to batiste.  It is an Anna Maria Horner voile print.


When I made this blouse for the first time last fall, I increased the length of the front vertical darts by 2" because the blouse seemed to be a bit boxy.  This time, I did not increase the length of those darts because the fabric drapes so nicely that it doesn't have that boxy feel to it.  Here's a closer view of the wide collar.  You can also see the drape better in this photo.



One of my favorite details of this pattern is the shaping that the back vertical darts give.  The shaping shows up quite prominently from the side view.



All in all, this is a comfortable alternative to knit tops.  I always wear it very casually just as I wear t-shirts.  The voile fabric also washes up nicely (no need for gently cycle) and it doesn't require ironing if I remove it from the dryer as soon as it is dry.   If you like the feel of batiste or lawn, give the Anna Maria Horner voile a try.  You most likely will not be disappointed.

Happy Sewing,

Pam

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty top - can see why it is one of your favourites! Must grab a copy of this pattern ... J

    ReplyDelete