Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Coat Sew Along Progress

My new winter coat is coming along nicely, thanks to Gertie's Coat Sew AlongThe bodice and skirt are sewn together, bound buttonholes are in place, and the sleeve hems are done.




I used a catchstitch to hem the sleeves.  The Colette Sewing Handbook is a great reference if you need a reminder of some basic hand stitches.




This week we are sewing the lining.  My lining fabric is lavender china silk.  I'm so excited about the progress of my coat and I'm thrilled to know that I will have a new winter coat in a couple short weeks.  I'm thoroughly enjoying the whole tailoring process.  It has been a number of years since I made a tailored garment.  What about you.  Do you like the process of sewing tailored clothing?


No comments:

Post a Comment