Monday, April 9, 2012

Simplicity 3678


This is the fourth time I've used this pattern in one view or another.  This one is view A.  This pattern sews up very quickly and fits nicely.  The only change I make is to the neckline.  Instead of following the pattern instructions for the neck binding, I simply fold the binding in half, the same as what is done for a quilt binding.  I then attach it to the neckline, fold the raw edges to the inside and topstitch.  I also stitch the center front of the neckling closed from the under bust up about 2" because the neckline is very low and I don't want to wear a camisole under this one as it is for hot, summer weather and I don't like too many layers in the summer.  This dress is great with a pair of flip flops.  I used a navy/teal ITY knit from Joann's.





Here are some photos of the neck binding process:


Fold the binding in half, wrong sides together and press
















Attach the binding to the neck edge, raw edges together










Turn to the inside and topstitch



This is a 2007 pattern, but it is still available for purchase:



No comments:

Post a Comment