Saturday, December 31, 2011

Civil War Generals' Wives BOM - Month Three

Here it is, my last post of 2011.  This month's block of the month is in honor of General William Tecumseh Sherman's wife.  Since he was a Yankee general, there are no forts named after him as there are for the Southern generals.  I have no partiality to the North or South - I am neutral.  My mother is 100% Southern belle and my father is 100% Yankee.  General Sherman's wife, Ellen, was a highly educated, very politically active woman.  You go girl!



I must confess, I am not an accomplished quilter, so I have one thing to say about this block - tedious.  I find quilting more difficult than garment sewing because it is one dimensional.  Measurements and seams must be spot on or the whole thing ends up askew.  Garment sewing is three dimensional and easier to 'fudge' when something doesn't match up perfectly.  I'm learning patience every day.  :)

Have a safe New Year's Eve and a "sewcessful" 2012.  Thank you for reading my blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment