Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What's Wrong with this Picture?

Are you kidding me??!!?  Okay, so I'm not in control of my life like I so desperately think I need to be.  But really!  Is it so much out of control that I can't even sew in a sleeve in the proper direction! 

To make a long story short, my parents live out of state but they have been living with us since the end of March while my dad had part of his lung removed and is now going to chemo treatments once a week and radiation five days a week in Salt Lake.  Yes, I am his taxi driver, cook, and laundress.  To add to that, I am my mother's primary caregiver right now as she is disabled.  I'm not making excuses, mind you, but a little justification for such a silly mistake helps me convince myself that I am a more competent seamstress than I actually am.  Just a word to the wise - when you're stressed and in a hurry, don't tackle any sewing that requires your full attention.  Thankfully the sleeve is basted in and the seam has not been pressed, so it should be a quick fix.  It did give me a good laugh once I got over the dismay.  I'm sure nobody else makes such careless mistakes?

One of these days I will have this dress complete and will write a pattern review.  It truly is any easy pattern no matter how difficult I make it appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment