Monday, July 25, 2011

Finally Finished! - Vogue 8726

I know, I know, I've been referring to this dress for quite some time.  It took me exhorbitantly more time than necessary.  But here is the finished product.  If it looks pretty much like the view the model is wearing here it is because I ordered the exact same fabric from Vogue fabrics.  I ordinarily steer away from linen because of the wrinkle nature, but in a momentary brain lapse, and with the ease of ordering on the Internet, I purchased said fabric.  Yes, contrary to what the photos reveal, I did press this dress before being photographed.  The lining is ambience black also ordered from Vogue fabrics.  







Here's a shot of the back:


A close-up of the embroidery on the back straps is in this post.  I stuck to the pattern instructions completely with the exception of adding embroidery to the back straps.  I plan to wear this dress to church and the embroidery gives the person sitting behind me something to look at!!!  No that they won't be paying attention to the preaching, mind you.  Just saying.

And lastly, my sewing companion wanted to be in the pictures.  He is my 80 lb. basset boy.  We're dressed somewhat alike wouldn't you agree?





2 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful! It's very flattering on you! I bet the linen will be very comfortable, too!

    ReplyDelete