Monday, May 30, 2011

Square Pot Holder

From this book:


This is my all time favorite pot holder pattern.  I've made these a number of times over the past couple years, I'm spoiled now and I won't buy ready made pot holders.  I've become somewhat of a pot holder snob as these have spoiled me!


This is my favorite set so far.  How appropriate for a kitchen linen are vegetables?  And look at those vibrant, feel good colors.  Here's a shot of the the opposite patchwork style side:



I followed the instructions as written for each pot holder, with these exceptions:

1.  I omitted the grommet because I don't hang my pot holders.  I keep them in the drawer next to the stove.

2.  I substituted 1 panel of 9" x 9" Insul-Bright for the 2 panels of 9" x 9" cotton batting and I substitued 2 panels of 4" x 9" Insul-Bright for the 2 panels of 4" x 9" cotton batting.  I find that the Insul-Bright gives just a bit more protection from the heat than does the two layers of cotton batting.

Here's a close up of the quilted hand covers:



1 comment: