Thursday, June 18, 2009

NewLook 6860




Here's the flower girl dress for the previously mentioned aborted wedding. The pattern consists of design elements (A-I) that can be combined for whatever look you're going for. I was asked to use A (bodice) and B (full skirt) and add a sheer overlay to the skirt portion. The dress itself is ivory bridal fabric and the overlay is a tiffany blue bridal sheer. The bodice is lined with a matching ivory bridal satin. I inserted an invisible zipper in the back and I finished the edges of the sheer overlay on my serger with a rolled edge finish. The dress went together very quickly and easily. The instructions are straightforward with no snags. Once I finished all the edges of the overlay, I attached it to the bodice along with the skirt piece all in one motion. I used my invisible zipper foot to sew in the zipper.








No comments:

Post a Comment